Wednesday 10 December 2014

ROBERT MUGABE SACKS HIS VICE PRESIDENT

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has fired his deputy Joice Mujuru along with eight ministers aligned with her, days after she lost her post in the ruling party .Mugabe sacked Mujuru, 59, on Tuesday after weeks of accusations that she had led a "treacherous cabal" to try to unseat Mugabe.
The sacked officials received their dismissal letters on Monday night, reported the Reuters news agency, citing two government sources it said declined to be named as they were not authorised to speak to the media.


Mujuru on Tuesday blamed "a well-orchestrated smear campaign and gross abuse of state apparatus" that led to the loss of her ruling party post and shook Zimbabwean politics, the AFP news agency reported.
The vice president who once looked likely to succeed Mugabe who has been in power for 34 years - has been accused of plotting to assassinate the 90-year-old and was removed from the ruling ZANU-PF party's central committee. She said she was being victimized after exposing infiltrators conspiring to destroy the party, which has ruled the country since independence in 1980.
"I have become the fly in the web of lies whose final objective is the destruction of ZANU-PF and what it stands for and ultimately the present government," Mujuru said in a statement.


Question: Can a president sack his vice?  Can it happen in Nigeria?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...