Tuesday 2 December 2014

Mario Balotelli under fire for a racist cartoon on instagram.

This cartoon was posted on Mario Balotelli"s instagram page.
The picture posted by Mario Balotelli on Instagram

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has apologised for a post on social media which appeared to contain anti-Semitic and racist references.
Balotelli, 24, quickly deleted the post from his Instagram page of Nintendo computer game character Super Mario.
Before his apology, the Italian had tweeted to deny the text of the post was offensive.
The picture posted had an image of Super Mario with the heading "Don't be a racist!"
The text read: "Be like Mario, he's an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English and looks like a Mexican."
It finished: "He jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew."
He also described reposting the image as "my unlucky moment".
However, he later wrote: "I apologise if I've offended anyone.
"The post was meant to be anti-racist with humour. I now understand that out of context it may have the opposite effect.
"Not all Mexicans have a moustache, not all black people jump high and not all Jewish people love money.
"I used a cartoon done by somebody else because it has Super Mario and I thought it was funny and not offensive. Again, I'm sorry."
A Liverpool spokesman told BBC Sport: "We are aware of the posting which has since been promptly deleted by the player. We will be speaking to the player about the issue."
Jewish Leadership Council chief executive Simon Johnson, a former FA executive, said Balotelli should face action and said all forms of Racism is frowned at and that the FA should investigate this offensive social media post and to take action if appropriate if we are to succeed in kicking racism out of football.
Excerpt from BBC sports.


Don't think he really meant any harm with the comments and character, was just misunderstood. What do you think.



1 comment:

  1. Every good, first black racist. I am ok. Baty

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...