Friday 5 December 2014

GOLF PLAYER KILLED BY CROCODILE

A golfer has been killed by a crocodile while retrieving balls from a dam called Lake Panic at Kruger National Park in South Africa.
Jacques van der Sandt, 29, was dragged under the water by a crocodile last night and his body was found this morning with teeth marks on his back and chest.

Police said the crocodile attacked Mr van der Sandt as he stood waist-deep in the water, reaching below the surface to feel for golf balls on the bottom of the dam.
It was gathered that  Mr van der Sandt and a friend had been playing hole nine on Skukuza Golf Club's course, which is played across Lake Panic at the park. 
A Police spokesman said one of the guys challenged the other to see who can retrieve the most golf balls.
It is reported that a group of youngsters were hanging around after a game of golf when the incident happened,Local reports suggested that Mr van der Sandt was attacked at around 10pm last night. Apparently the crocodile surprised the group and snatched the victim, then disappeared under water.' 
It is understood that the park will carry out an internal investigation into the death. 
(Excerpt culled from mailonline)

So sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What an awful way to die.  May his soul rest in peace








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...