Sunday 4 January 2015

STEVEN GERRARD SET TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL FC TO MLS!

Captain Steven  Gerrard fondly known as the General is set to leave the English football club Liverpool Fc for the MLS.
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard says being told he will start fewer games is the main reason he has decided to leave Anfield for America in the summer.
Gerrard will join a Major League Soccer (MLS) club at the end of the season. He has spent his entire career with Liverpool, making his first-team debut in 1998, and has won trophies including the Champions League, UEFA Cup and two FA Cups.
He might only have six months left at the Merseyside club, but Gerrard still wants more success before he moves to Los Angeles: "I think, where I'm sitting at the moment, realistically, we've still got a chance of finishing in the top four and that's the most important thing for the club, for obvious reasons. That would be a great achievement after the start we've made in the league
The midfielder, 34, said "The key conversation was when the manager sat me down and said it was time to manage my games.
"It was a very difficult conversation to have. I'm bright enough to realise it is the right thing. I accept it."
Gerrard has started 17 of Liverpool's 20 league games this season. Only Raheem Sterling and Jordan Henderson have started more.
But the former England skipper had to deny rumours of a rift with boss Brendan Rodgers after being omitted from the Reds' side which beat Stoke in November - on the 16th anniversary of his debut for the club. Gerrard added: "When you've been a starter and a mainstay in the team for such a long time... I had an idea the conversation was going to come at some time, but it was a painful conversation

Steven Gerrard Teams captained: Liverpool, England.Trophies won: FA Cup (2001, 2006); League Cup (2001, 2003, 2012); Champions League (2005); UEFA Cup (2001); UEFA Super Cup (2001, 2005).

He sure will be missed greatly!!!! Liverpool coach Brenda Rogers now has to replace him fast. who will play those wonderful free kicks and accurate penalties for Liverpool??? Who is the next Gerrard??? I hope another English premier league club will not take him on loan as the case of Frank lampard which will then haunt them back as lampard is doing right now to Chelsea.

4 comments:

  1. Surprised!!! I thought he would retire in Liverpool. Good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let him take a bow... let him go abroad and play for retirement.. after all, money make the world go round... I wish him well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now the end of Liverpool has finally come.its a pity.abeg make I go attend to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is so unfortunate at this time, the man himself known to be Liverpool is about to bow out, so what else? i have to start scouting for new club Asap. anyway he will forever be remembered in the history of Liverpool ( NEVER WORK ALONE), i wish him well.

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...