Thursday 15 January 2015

CAF ORDERS EBOLA TEST FOR ALL TEAM IN AFCON 2015

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has ordered that all players entering Equatorial Guinea for the African Cup of Nations will be tested for Ebola. Julia Nchama Abeso Avomo, the administrative attache at the country’s embassy in London, said everyone entering Equatorial Guinea will go through a short medical check upon arrival as a precautionary measure.
Cape Verde was the first team to arrive on Tuesday and was checked, according to the Confederation of African Football. Congo, Burkina Faso, Tunisia, Republic of Congo and Ghana were to arrive yesterday.
“All the delegations are landing in Malabo for health checks,” CAF said in a statement. “It was the case for Cape Verde yesterday and DR Congo today. And it would be the case for all the teams.”
Equatorial Guinea had no reported cases of Ebola.
The small oil-rich nation in Central Africa took over as host of the tournament at short notice from Morocco, which didn’t want to stage the championship because of fears over the Ebola outbreak in West.
This is good!!! It will prevent the spread of the deadly disease. Good thinking CAF!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...