Thursday 22 January 2015

COTE D'IVOIRE'S GERVINHO GETS TWO MATCH BAN IN AFCON 2015!


Ivory Coast forward Gervinho has been given a two-match ban following his sending off against Guinea in the sides' 1-1 draw on Tuesday.
Gervinho said sorry after slapping  Naby Keita and will now miss his country's final Group D fixtures. On twitter he wrote:"I want to apologise to the Ivory Coast nation, my team-mates, the fans and the African Nations Cup organisers for this gesture of anger"
Gervinho, 27, will now be unavailable for the Ivory Coast's up-coming games against Mali and Cameroon and will only feature again in the tournament if his side reaches the quarter-finals.
The former Arsenal forward appeared to slap Guinea defender Keita in the 58th minute of the match in Malabo in an off-the-ball incident.
Ivory Coast were a goal down at the time but fought back to earn a draw despite their numerical disadvantage.
I think he deserved worse than a 2 match ban!!! For a player of his caliber , slapping someone across the face? what he wont attempt in Roma? This is not good. Lets hope that Ivory coast make it pass the group stage , so we can watch him play because he is a really good player.

2 comments:

  1. so disappointed the way he reacted a professional player. too bad!! usi

    ReplyDelete
  2. ego was the problem... he saw the defender inferior to him and decided to slap him as a sign of superiority... but fortunately and unfortunately... the rule of the game the game does accept that... animalistic behavior in modern football...he ended up almost costing the Ivoirians (I mean the cort de Varian's).. you see you don't even know that it is wrong... ok just fit in what you think...well lol

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...