Wednesday 7 January 2015

HONDURAS ACCLAIMED TEENAGE ACTIVIST KIDNAPPED!

A Honduran Aids activist who gave an impressive speech at the age of 12 at a 2008 international conference has been abducted in the city of San Pedro Sula.
Keren Dunaway Gonzalez was seized by three gunmen while in a parked car.
Her family has called for her urgent release because she needs to take anti-retroviral medication.
Now 18, Keren has spent years speaking out against stigma and discrimination. She currently runs a magazine for HIV positive children in Honduras. Keren had been in a car with her mother, Rosa Gonzalez, when the kidnappers struck. Her mother was releasebut Keren had been driven away in a red car.
At the age of 12 at the 2008 International Aids conference in Mexico City she impressed delegates with her candid description of what it was like to be a young person living with HIV/Aids.
Honduras is ranked as one of the most violent nations in the world, and kidnapping for ransom and disappearances are said to be common and under-reported.
Report has it that the kidnappers are yet to contact her parents. Her parents have asked the authorities and president to help!
I pray they find her quick and that the abductors release her soon. God help her.

1 comment:

  1. what is the world turning into.. perhaps they just want her for a ransom... i pray they release her on time and unhurt... to her parents

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...