Tuesday 20 January 2015

CONFUSED 4: MY WIFE WANTS ME TO SEND MY MOTHER AWAY!


Hello friend, I urgently need your help. My name is Bayo and I just got married...5 months 2 weeks ago. So congratulations are still in order but I don't feel lucky at all. I got married to my childhood sweetheart who lived abroad and we reconnected after 7 years apart. I am the only child of my mom and we are very close....I mean really close. I talk to her because I lost my dad at the tender age of 8 years old and she was the pillar of our home. She struggled to send me to school, worked at different jobs in the UK to take care of me. We later moved to Nigeria where she traded to keep me in school abroad. I later joined her in Nigeria where I landed a very good job in one of the banks. After some years, I was able to buy a house in lekki and I moved my mum into the house. Then she started with the talks of marriage and even reminded me of my childhood sweetheart . I took her advice and located her through our mutual friend and the love affair started again. I really love Chioma.....yes I love her. My mum also loved her and welcomed her with open hands. Chioma didn't believe I have achieved so much in the few years I have been in Nigeria and was so proud of me. We got married and she moved into the house and then trouble started in my paradise....yes my paradise...I had the most important people living in my house, close to me , where I can check on them, love them and protect them. few months after marriage, my wife told me she wants to take over the running of the house which was mama's job since we both work...mama prepares food for us...even the one we take to work, she cleans, does the laundry cos she cant stay idle( she says it is good for her health) I asked my wife why? and after so much enquires..she said her friends said she should take over the house as she is the woman of the household. I talked her out of it but then the quarrels started, she complains that mama butt into our conversation, that she wants privacy . I cant chase my mother out of the house...NO WAY....I moved mama to the other wing in the house but that has not satisfied my wife, she said mama should go or it will affect our marriage. Mama is not doing fine as she cant dot on us as she used to..but she understand...I don't want to hurt my mum but my wife doesn't feel I should spend time with her. She says I see her everyday...but how can I wake up with my mum in the house and not go see her before going to the office and see her after I get back. Now , my home is a living hell, recently she brought keeps bring her friends and family over often and if I say anything about the state of the house that is left unkempt by the visitors, she will insist that she can only stop if mama leave the house and  that she is bored.
What do I do about this....she is stuffing the love out of my life and I cant send the woman who gave me life and all I have out of my house. I am her only child. Please advise me!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Sit your wife down for a discussion on the fact of the matter and ask her to suggest where she think you can send your mum to and you will be happy at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........i wont blameyourwife but the friends she listens to which usually breaks alot of homes.anywayback to the matter,for you to have peace,and for mama to live long, you are the man,make adecision and be firm about it, either you move mama out of the house or you move out with your wife,then peace will reign and there will be respect for mama and you and also your wife...thats ma own 2cents

    ReplyDelete
  3. bayo life is full of mysteries........... your wife should not make you move your mother out of the house . talk to her and make her understand what you and our mother has passed thru to get to this stage in life. nobody I repeat no one! should come in between u and ur mum. be wise!!. usi

    ReplyDelete
  4. bros wake up and be a man.. your wife needs a home with her husband to raise a family... mama is not in the equation of your marriage... you were joined with your wife not with mama inclusive... yes you built a family house and put mama... bravo good boy... you have done what is expected of you as a son... but you are not growing up as a married man... the bible say for this cause shall a man live his papa and mama and cleave to his and they remain as one..(Eph 5:31) be a married not mama's boy no vex married boy oh sorry married man...grow up boy and be a real man

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not by this saying drive your mama out of the place... all I am saying is take your wife and live the family house....peace will just come from nowhere.. goodluck

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...