Tuesday 13 January 2015

150 PEOPLE NOT 2,000 DIED IN BAGA - DEFENCE HQ SAYS

The Nigerian military released a statement yesterday evening saying contrary to media reports that over 2,000 were killed in Baga Borno state last week, that from all available evidences, the number has so far not exceeded 150 people. Except of the statement :
"It is pertinent to once again urge the media to be circumspect in adopting casualty figures especially the ones given to them by the so-called eye witness, who in most cases, are influenced by their own perspectives. In any case, this is no time to debate about casualty figures or number of deaths as the life of any Nigerian is important. Much as the intention which could be with the aim of drawing attention to the atrocities being committed by terrorists group in Nigeria, is most welcome, the need for factual presentation of the situation is equally vital. In case the aim of this misinformation is to further the design of those bent on discrediting the government and the military, all well-meaning people should consider it as a disservice to humanity."
Well, who is lying now? And why is it that we don't get the accurate figures of casualties cos if we do there wont be room for some persons to inflate the numbers .....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...