Monday 17 November 2014

NIGERIAN TEACHERS ESCAPE EBOLA INFECTED COUNTRIES.


Ebola scare
It was reported that about 150 stranded Nigerian teachers in Sierra Leone, Cote D’Ivoire and Liberia have reportedly started escaping into Nigeria, following the refusal of the Federal Government to evacuate them because of the Ebola scourge.
But those who escaped from Ebola infected towns and villages, have not gone for any Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) test in any hospital.
The development has created panic following the success achieved at containing the virus in the country.
As reported,  Investigation carried out confirmed that the 150 teachers were sent to Sierra Leone, Cote D’Ivoire, Liberia, and other countries in West Africa under the Nigerian Technical Aids Corps Programme which is coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
It was gathered that these teachers had sent several distress signals to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for special flight shuttles to evacuate them, but their pleas fell on deaf ears and as such these teachers
have resorted to self-help by escaping from the Ebola infested communities through Ghana, Tunisia, and Morocco to return to Nigeria.


This is serious......I hope the Federal government will do something fast in ensuring that EBOLA does not come back to our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...