Friday 28 November 2014

AUSTRALIAN BATSMAN PHILIP HUGHES DIES......



 
Australia Test batsman Phillip Hughes has died aged 25, two days after being struck on the top of the neck by a ball during a domestic match in Sydney.
Phillip (30 November 1988 – 27 November 2014) was an Australian Test and One-Day International (ODI) cricketer. He was a left-handed opening batsman who played for two seasons with New South Wales before making his Test debut in 2009 at the age of 20.
On 25 November 2014, Hughes was knocked unconscious by a bouncer during a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), causing vertebral artery dissection that led to a brain hemorrhage. He was taken to St Vincent's Hospital where he underwent surgery, was placed into an induced coma and was in intensive care in a critical condition. He died two days later on 27 November, having failed to regain consciousness.
It is a great loss for the Cricket world. A lot of persons have expressed their sadness
"It's an understatement to say we're completely devastated," said Cricket Australia boss James Sutherland.
"The word tragedy gets used too often in sport, but this freak accident is a real life tragedy." said captain Michael Clarke.
May his soul rest in peace and may the lord console his family, friends and loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...