Wednesday 12 November 2014

CAF DISQUALIFIES MOROCCAN TEAM AND SEEKS NEW HOST FOR AFCON 2015








The Confederation of African Football, CAF, has thrown out Morocco from the next Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, for refusing to host the said competition at the stipulated date.
The decision to disqualify Morocco was reached at the CAF Executive Committee meeting held Tuesday in Cairo, Egypt.
Morocco had been given until Saturday to make a final decision on whether or not it would host the tournament. It had asked to postpone the competition until 2016.


CAF did not announce a new venue for the tournament, due to take place from 17 January to 8 February.
The big question : WHO WILL HOST AFCON 2015? Egypt, South Africa, Ghana???
Should Nigeria apply to host AFCON 2015?
If yes, why and  if No, why not?



2 comments:

  1. I think Nigeria should quickly grab this opportunity and apply to host the Africa Nations cup in order to secure a place in the tournament as we are not sure of qualifying on merit (without permutation).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur,thats the easiest route to nations cup

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...