Friday 6 February 2015

Zimbabwean government denies Mugabe fell down steps

Zimbabwean government denies Mugabe fell down stepsRobert Mugabe was reported to have fallen down a flight of stairs on his return to Zimbabwe from Ethiopia, in an incident captured on camera despite the best efforts of his security team but the  Zimbabwe's government said President Robert Mugabe, 90, did not fall down the steps from a podium, saying that he "managed to break the fall."
Information Minister was reportedly on Thursday cited examples of leaders who have stumbled, from Jesus to George W. Bush, in an attempt to deny Mugabe fell down the stairs at Harare airport Wednesday.
"What happened is that the president tripped over a hump on the carpet on one of the steps of the dais as he was stepping down from the platform but he remarkably managed to break the fall on his own," he  told the state-owned Herald newspaper. "I repeat that the president managed to break the fall."
There was also no evidence that Mugabe had actually fallen, he said.
I really don't know why its an issue. Anyone can stumble and fall or is it because of his age?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...