Friday 27 February 2015

Mr. President visits Baga...scene of the Boko Haram's worst massacre!

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday visited the scene of what is feared to be Boko Haram's worst massacre in Baga, Borno state in Nigeria and vowed that the insurgency would soon be over.
But the Islamists gave a fresh indication of the scale of the task, with three separate bombings in the country's religiously tense central region and restive northeast that left at least 35 people dead.
The bombings raised fears of a renewed wave of attacks against vulnerable targets in urban centres, as troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon make gains against the militants in rural areas.
Jonathan's visit to Baga, where hundreds of people, if not more, are feared to have been killed, came after his main election opponent, Muhammadu Buhari, accused him of a lack of leadership in the crisis. The President, accompanied by military top brass and his national security advisor, told reporters in the Borno state capital Maiduguri after the trip that he wanted to see the devastation first hand.
"I went... to visit communities devastated by the excesses of Boko Haram," he said. "I just went to see things for myself."
Well, this is good but I think information on the success rate of our military should be kept under wraps and comments reserved as this only leads to fresh attacks. Or what do you think concerning this?

1 comment:

  1. the security reports say it is safe for the president to visit baga... good one GEJ He is a people's president.... he will fulfill his promises to them...lol

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...