Tuesday 14 April 2015

Supreme Court dimisses petition against Fayose impeachmen, upholds his elections

Image result for ayodele fayose The controversial governor of Ekiti state,  Ayodele Fayose of the PDP will definitely be happier as information gathered that the Supreme court has upheld the election that brought him into power and dismissed the petition against him. At a ruling yesterday morning, the April 13th, a 7-man panel led by Justice John Fabiyi dismissed all the grounds of appeal filed by the petitioner, APC members in the state House of Assembly, who argued that Governor Fayose was not eligible to contest following his impeachment from office during his first administration.

Delivering judgement, the court held that while impeachment was not a ground of disqualification ‎from contesting as governor, the panel which recommended Fayose for impeachment on October 16, 2006, was illegally and unconstitutionally constituted.
Hopefully, there will be peace and orderliness in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...