Monday 27 April 2015

WATFRORD FC - PROMOTED TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

Good morning all, last weekend in England saw Watford fc of the championship promoted to the English
Image result for watford fc
 They are back in the Premier League for the first time since 2006-07 after they won 2-0 at Brighton and other results went their way.The Hornets, playing in the first Championship game of the day, went in front on the south coast through Troy Deeney and sealed the points when Matej Vydra struck on the break in stoppage time.
Let me give you a little background on the football club:
Watford Football Club is a football club based in Hertfordshire, England. Founded in 1881 as Watford Rovers, the club entered the FA Cup for the first time in 1886, and the Southern League  a decade later. After finishing the 1914–15 season as Southern League champions under the management of Harry Kent, Watford joined the Football League in 1920. The club played at several grounds in its early history, before moving to a permanent location at Vicarage Road in 1922, where it remains to this day. Watford spent most of the following half century in the lower divisions of The Football League, changing colours and crest on multiple occasions. Watford is currently owned by the Pozzo family, which also owns Udinese Calcio in Italy and Granada CF in Spain. Sir Elton John, who owned Watford during both of Graham Taylor's successful periods as manager, served alongside Taylor as the club's joint Honorary Life President, until 2008 only to later resume the role which he now shares alongside Graham Taylor.
I so hope they do well this coming season !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...