Thursday 28 May 2015

NACA: 160,000 Nigerian Adolescents HIV Positive

Image result for hiv aidsA report presented by Ms Victoria Isiramen of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), has revealed that about 160,000 Nigerian adolescents are infected with the HIV virus while 11,000 have died from the epidemic.
Making a presentation entitled, “All In! Ending The Epidemic Among Adolescents,” at a workshop on Making Media and People Living With HIV Champions of the Ambitious 90-90-90 Target by 2020, yesterday in Abuja, she said adolescents contribute 70 per cent of AIDS deaths globally, while in Nigeria, adolescents contribute 8 per cent of HIV deaths.
She noted that there are 80 per cent of new infections among adolescents globally, and that HIV is now the second largest contributor to adolescent mortality globally and number one in Africa.
Isiramen noted, “Adolescents are the ones to work with in any new programme, including stemming the tide of HIV infection in Nigeria.”
She added that the workshop was a fast-tracked HIV response to adolescents. Meanwhile, the UNAIDS country director for Nigeria, Dr Bilali Camara, has said that $1.2billion is needed to adequately fund Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS response.
He said that funds allocated for HIV/AIDS are not enough to stop the spread and treat persons living with the virus, adding that this would delay its goal to ensure an HIV/AIDS-free generation.
He disclosed that only half of the $1.2billon required has been made available, with the Nigerian government contributing only 25% of the fund instead of 50%.
(culled: leadership.ng/news)
Waoh, that a high number.....we all must fight this deadly disease. Say NO to casual sex, unprotected sex....abstinence is the key!!! 

2 comments:

  1. its competing with Ebola for number one position...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello am michelle allison from USA this is a testimony you must read. I have spent a lot of money on scammers until i found this true man dr.adigba who cured me completely with his powerful herbal medicine Greetings to you all, i am here today on this forum giving a life testimony on how Dr.adigba has cured me from Hiv Virus, i have been stocked in bondage with this virus for almost 3 years now, i have tried different means to get this sickness out of my body i also heard there was no cure to the virus, all the possible ways i tried did not work out for me, i do have the faith that i was going to be cured one day, as i was a strong believer in God and also in miracles, One day as i was on the internet i came across some amazing testimonies concerning how Dr.adigba has cured different people from various sickness with his powerful Herbal Medicine, like HERPES, KIDNEY STONES ,HIV/ AIDS CANCER, PORT-RATE DISORDER DIABETES ULCER , HPV. so i was encourage and i contacted Dr.adigba i told him about my Sickness, He told me not to worry that he was going to prepare some Herbal Medicine for me, after some time in communication with Dr.adigba he finally prepared for me some herbs which he sent to me through courier service DHL and he also gave me prescriptions on how to take them, My good friends after taking the Herbal medicine for some weeks i started to experience changes in me and from there, I noticed a very big change and healthiness within me, i went for test to confirm and the result was totally negative , and i also gone for test in a different hospital still the same negative , Today i am fit and healthy to live life again, I am so happy for the good work of Dr.adigba in my life, Friends if you are having any type of disease problem kindly email HIM on { dr.adigbaspelltemple@gmail.com OR contact him on his whatsapp number. +2347064810223 God Bless you Sir for giving my life again.

    ReplyDelete

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...