Thursday 7 May 2015

More People rescued form Sambisa forest in Borno, Nigeria

Image result for sambisa forestIt was reported that the Nigerian military said  on Wednesday that additional 25 women and children have been rescued from Sambisa forest.
The Defence spokesperson,Chris Olukolade, said the women and children were rescued during operations by troops in the expansive stronghold of Boko Haram.
Mr. Olukolade said seven Boko Haram camps were destroyed while several insurgents were killed.
“The troops who scaled series of land mines in continuation of the assault on the forest bases of the terrorists, captured camps which include the four notorious Alafa camps as well as those in Rogo Fulani, Laraga and others used as training camps in the forest,” he said.
The military said it recovered various weapons including, Rocket Propelled Grenades, Anti-Aircraft Guns and a number of vehicles were either captured or destroyed during the operation.
Four soldiers were wounded during the operation, Mr. Olukolade said.
(culled:premium times)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...