Thursday 14 May 2015

Anti - Tobacco Bill - passed by Nigerian Senate

Image result for smoking cigarette  The Nigerian Senate has passed the Tobacco Control Bill. According to the deputy senate president Ike Ekweremadu who presided over the plenary session on Tuesday May 12th, the bill will ensure effective regulation and control of production, manufacture, sale, labeling, advertising, promotion and sponsorship of tobacco and tobacco products in Nigeria.
The bill among other things specifies the places cigarette smokers could smoke and areas where smoking is forbidden and also the punishment to be meted out to defaulters when they smoke in non-designated areas. Culprits could get up to six months in jail. Owners of establishments that do not allow smoking must put up the No - smoking signs or they get penalized.
So people ...smoke with caution and do so at home alone. No one wants to get into trouble because of smoke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...