Monday 22 June 2015

ICONIC MUSICIAN DAN MARAYA JOS IS DEAD!!!

Image result for DAN MARAYA JOSDan Maraya Jos (born Adamu Wayya in 1946 - 20 June 2015) is a Nigerian Hausa Griot best known for playing the kontigi. Dan Maraya Jos, whose name means "The Little Orphan of Jos", was born in 1946 and Died Saturday, 20 June 2015 in B'ukur, near Jos in Plateau State, Nigeria. He died at the age of 69.
History on Dan maraya Jos....
His Islamic name is Adamu, but his father died shortly after his birth and his mother died while he was still an infant, hence the name by which everyone knows him. Dan Maraya's father was a court musician for the Emir of Bukur, who took Dan Maraya under his care when his parents died. Dan Maraya showed an early interest in music and came under the influence of local professional musicians. During a trip to Maiduguri while he was still a pre-teen, he was impressed by musicians there and made a kuntigi, with which he has accompanied himself ever since.
Rest in peace a great man. we pray that the Lord gives his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hot Topic

HEARTBROKEN : I CAN'T FORGIVE MY WIFE AFTER SHE CHEATED ON ME!

My name is Simon and I am at a cross road in my life. I am torn between doing what I feel. I have been married for 3 years to a woman I have...